FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
ARE YOU ONLY FOR DUKE STUDENTS?
- We are not affiliated with the University and will rent to those who meet our screening qualifications; however, due to our proximity to campus, we do attract a lot of student renters.
ARE YOU PET FRIENDLY?
- Yes! All pets should be registered with the office and on your lease agreement. There is a one-time pet fee of $300 and monthly pet rent of $20. Certain breed restrictions apply. Call our office for details.
DO YOU OFFER FURNISHED OPTIONS?
- We have a limited number of furniture packages!
- The package is an additional $80/month for a 1 bedroom apartment and it includes the following: a sofa, an armchair, a coffee table, an end table, a media center, a dining table and chairs, a full size bed frame and mattress, a chest of drawers, a nightstand and a desk with a chair.
- The package for a 2 bedroom apartment is an additional $120/month and offers the same items as listed above with an extra bedroom set.
- Download the flyer.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
- We have FREE off-street parking lot for residents.
ARE YOU ON A BUS ROUTE?
- We are right on DATA bus route 6/6B that can take you to Durham station downtown in 5 minutes or to Duke campus and hospital in 5 minutes as well.
- We also have the Duke bus right around the corner. This bus takes you to Duke’s West and East Campuses as well as closer to Ninth Street.
ARE YOU CLOSE TO SHOPPING CENTERS, RESTAURANTS, ETC?
- The Durham Co-op just opened 0.5 mile down the road from us!
- We are also close to Ninth Street, Brightleaf Square and the Downtown area.
HOW CAN I PAY MY RENT?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with check or money order. If you prefer to pay with credit or debit card, you can setup one-time or recurring payments through our Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents button in the left hand menu and you will be redirected.
DO I NEED A LEASE GUARANTOR?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor for student applications. If an individual is applying without established credit, we might also require an additional security deposit. Call us for more information!
ARE UTILITIES INCLUDED?
- Water, Sewer, Trash and Pest Control are all included!
Important Documents & Disclosures
IS RENTER'S INSURANCE REQUIRED?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance. To facilitate this process for you, we have partnered with a national insurance provider who specializes in renters insurance coverage - ePremium Insurance. ePremium has made their ePremiumRENTERS™ plan available to all residents at a preferred rate, which not only satisfies the lease requirement, but also includes contents coverage.
- To obtain a policy with ePremium, you can complete the process online or over the phone in less than 5 minutes! Enroll in ePremium Renters Insurance Online or call (800) 319-1390.
- Please note that you are under no obligation to enroll in coverage with ePremium. You may satisfy the lease requirement by obtaining a personal renters insurance or liability insurance policy of your choice and providing proof of coverage for the duration of your lease.
- To submit proof of liability insurance from another provider, please click here to provide the requested policy information and to upload a copy of your Declaration Page.
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.