FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
ARE YOU ONLY FOR DUKE STUDENTS?
- We are not affiliated with the University and will rent to those who meet our screening qualifications; however, due to our proximity to campus, we do attract a lot of student renters.
ARE YOU PET FRIENDLY?
- Yes! We welcome pets of all shapes and sizes. All pets should be registered with the office and on your lease agreement. There is a one-time pet fee of $300 and monthly pet rent of $20. Not sure if your pet is allowed? Call our office!
DO YOU OFFER FURNISHED OPTIONS?
- We have a limited number of furniture packages!
- The package is an additional $80/month for a 1 bedroom apartment and it includes the following: a sofa, an armchair, a coffee table, an end table, a media center, a dining table and chairs, a full size bed frame and mattress, a chest of drawers, a nightstand and a desk with a chair.
- The package for a 2 bedroom apartment is an additional $120/month and offers the same items as listed above with an extra bedroom set.
- Download the flyer.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
- We have FREE off-street parking lot for residents.
ARE YOU ON A BUS ROUTE?
- We are right on DATA bus route 6/6B that can take you to Durham station downtown in 5 minutes or to Duke campus and hospital in 5 minutes as well.
- We also have the Duke bus right around the corner. This bus takes you to Duke’s West and East Campuses as well as closer to Ninth Street.
ARE YOU CLOSE TO SHOPPING CENTERS, RESTAURANTS, ETC?
- The Durham Co-op just opened 0.5 mile down the road from us!
- We are also close to Ninth Street, Brightleaf Square and the Downtown area.
HOW CAN I PAY MY RENT?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with check or money order. If you prefer to pay with credit or debit card, you can setup one-time or recurring payments through our Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents button in the left hand menu and you will be redirected.
DO I NEED A LEASE GUARANTOR?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor for student applications. We might also require an additional security deposit for international applicants. Call us for more information!
ARE UTILITIES INCLUDED?
- Water and Sewer are included in the rent at University Apartments only. There are no utilities included at University Commons.
Important Documents & Disclosures
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.